Labor & Birth Doulas
It’s Your Birth
We believe that the birth of a child is a life changing event and know that the key to a positive birth experience is having the tools to advocate for yourself. A birth doula helps you have a more satisfying birth experience, and uses her knowledge and experience to provide emotional support, physical comfort, and will promote evidence-based research to ensure you have the tools needed to make informed decisions during pregnancy, labor and during the postpartum period. A doula provides reassurance and perspective for you and your partner, makes suggestions for labor progress, and helps with relaxation, pain management, positioning and other comfort techniques.
Labor & Birth Doula Services include:
- free initial consultation
- 1-2 prenatal meetings to discuss birth preferences, explore comfort measures, share information about pregnancy, birth, and your baby and for us to know each other better
- Birth plan information and consultation
- Continuous e-mail and phone support throughout your entire pregnancy and postpartum period to answer questions, connect you with resources, recommend books, and much more
- 24/7 on-call support from 2 weeks before your estimated due date until the birth of your baby
- backup doula partner
- continuous support during labor and birth
- 2 hours of postpartum support, including help with breastfeeding, if needed
- 1 postpartum visit to process your birth experience and answer any questions you may have
To better serve you, A Welborn Baby supports labors within about an hour’s drive time throughout the Greater Dayton, Ohio and Miami Valley region. Our typical range of support is from Sydney (north) down to Middletown (south) and Richmond, Indiana (west) to Springfield (east). We occasionally attend births outside this area which have included births in Columbus, Cincinnati and Lima. Births outside our typical range of support are evaluated on an individual basis.
Support Skills for Dad
A critical element to a successful birth is the support of a birth partner before, during and after labor. In many circumstances this is the father. If you’re not sure you need the full support of a birth doula but dad wants to sharpen his knowledge before going into the birth environment, this workshop is for you. This two hour workshop can be done in the comfort of your home and will educate you and dad on labor stages, positioning, pain management, relaxation and comfort techniques.
Contact us for more information about the workshop or to schedule a time to meet.